The Foundry . . .
. . . is an incubator and creative community space on the east side of Buffalo that provides opportunities to build a business, create art and inspire the next generation of makers, learners and doers. At our 25,000 square foot building we offer:
- Workshop and office space for artists, artisans, tradespeople, and small businesses
- A multi-function community space to support arts performances, education and public gatherings
- A neighborhood anchor institution for artistic expression, creative exchange, and the encouragement of new ideas and productive action
The Foundry is a project of NET+POSITIVE. Check out the NET+POSITIVE website here.
The Foundry™ provides workshop space, tools, peer knowledge and shared inspiration for emerging artisans and artists looking to start or grow their small businesses. We accept budding entrepreneurs from all over the city, but we’re especially excited to support low-income, minority, women-owned and neighborhood-based businesses into our mix!
If you’re looking for space or know of someone who is, please contact us.
Rent for participating entrepreneurs includes:
- your own private space
- security system
- professional and skill development classes
- networking opportunities
- a collaborative and challenging environment
- shared work spaces (optional)
We have jointly created a specialized program that teaches both soft and hard job skills to high-risk youth with a TCI approach (Therapeutic Crisis Intervention). Youth learn the basics of construction through building studio spaces. Once youth pass a tool certification, they move into leadership/teaching positions, job shadows and apprenticeships.
We are currently building shared workspaces outfitted with tools and equipment for both resident and community use. We will grow the number of metalworking, Woodworking, Pottery and Fiber Arts Classes into a full set of multi level classes. Our hope is also to facilitate access to prototyping for businesses by increasing small business access to our tools, specialized equipment and multidisciplinary community of makers to facilitate prototyping and product experimentation.